Direct Response Marketing with Juan Martitegui
In this episode we speak with Juan Martitegui of Mind Valley Hispano. Juan states that direct response marketing is the main focus of his automation system, and shares how Mind Valley Hispano is using direct response to get readers to consume their products. Juan Martitegui is the COO at Mind Valley Hispano.
- Started Mindvalley in April 2009.
- Suggested the idea of translating Mindvalley courses into Spanish.
- Mindvalley Hispano has grown to become one of the biggest self development content providers in the Spanish market.
- More of Juan’s background on Mixergy.
- Understands client’s needs and desires and place ads based on this.
- Two step selling model if prospect clicks on the ad.
- Sell them after the thank you page.
- Email follow-up
WHAT DIRECT RESPONSE MEANS:
- Allows you to have a very specific conversation on the internet.
- The internet is a poor medium in terms of conversion rates.
- Mimics person-to-person interaction with the internet.
WHAT HAPPENS TO LEADS THAT DON’T CONVERT:
- 60 days of interactive follow up emails.
- After 90 days, leads go into broadcast lists and newsletter lists.
- Inactive email recipients will be removed from the list.
- Put the same effort into Post-sale sequence as the Pre-sale sequence.
- Example: sequence that follows up to see if client has started using the product.
- Example: sequence that follows up to notify the client that customer service is readily available.
- Cross-sell complimentary products.