How Using Live Chat Can Increase Sales 300% with Gary Tramer
In this episode we speak with Gary Tramer of Web Reception. Gary believes that 90-95% of web visitors don’t engage, meaning they don’t type in the contact form, email, sign up, or comment. So what exactly is going on with that 90-95%? Listen to the podcast to find out! Gary Tramer is the Co-Founder of Web Reception.
- Started Face to Face Global, a company that trains door to door sales.
- In his experience, the product doesn’t matter as much as likability and trust.
- Started Search Words in 2009, a local SEO business.
- Even though there were Search Words customers who were page 1 on Google, they were not satisfied, because their traffic couldn’t convert. This lead Gary to start Web Reception.
Critical Features of Live Chat:
- Proactive invitational chat – huge statistical difference between having the user click “chat now” and a service rep popping up
- Start a conversation “I’m sorry to disturb, just letting you know that I’m here if you need anything”
- Chat should traverse across the webpage
- Identify main things: Name, phone number, email, best time to contact.
Getting Their Information:
- When they ask a question, “Good question, may I first ask for you name?”
- Email: “In case we get cut off can I get your email address?”
- When they bring up their issue: “Brilliant question, let me get one of our experts to contact you” – phone number, best time to contact
Soften Your Requests:
- Always address their question
- Any response that you provide gets ended with a question
- Asking them for the best time to contact them is less invasive than asking for an email
- Don’t be too aggressive, you don’t want them to give you a fake email