How Using Live Chat Can Increase Sales 300% with Gary Tramer
In this episode we speak with Gary Tramer of Web Reception. Gary believes that 90-95% of web visitors don’t engage, meaning they don’t type in the contact form, email, sign up, or comment. So what exactly is going on with that 90-95%? Listen to the podcast to find out! Gary Tramer is the Co-Founder of Web Reception.
- Started Face to Face Global, a company that trains door to door sales.
- In his experience, the product doesn’t matter as much as likability and trust.
- Started Search Words in 2009, a local SEO business.
- Even though there were Search Words customers who were page 1 on Google, they were not satisfied, because their traffic couldn’t convert. This lead Gary to start Web Reception.
Critical Features of Live Chat:
- Proactive invitational chat – huge statistical difference between having the user click “chat now” and a service rep popping up
- Start a conversation “I’m sorry to disturb, just letting you know that I’m here if you need anything”
- Chat should traverse across the webpage
- Identify main things: Name, phone number, email, best time to contact.
Getting Their Information:
- When they ask a question, “Good question, may I first ask for you name?”
- Email: “In case we get cut off can I get your email address?”
- When they bring up their issue: “Brilliant question, let me get one of our experts to contact you” – phone number, best time to contact
Soften Your Requests:
- Always address their question
- Any response that you provide gets ended with a question
- Asking them for the best time to contact them is less invasive than asking for an email
- Don’t be too aggressive, you don’t want them to give you a fake email
ATTEND GARY’S UPCOMING WEBINAR for more tips on using live chat to convert sales
Don't Miss Out!
Subscribe to the Fuzed blog and receive regular marketing automation tips, tricks, case studies and important insights.