Systemising Your Business To Increase Its Value With Jock Purtle
In this episode we speak with Jock Purtle of Digital Exits. Jock’s web dealings may seem unrelated to automation, but according to Jock, automation is exactly what drives a site’s value. Jock Purtle is the Founder of Digital Exits.
- Began his entrepreneurial experience with family brokerage business
- Sold a portfolio of affiliate sites in 2013
- After the exit, Jock moved full-time into helping find buyers for websites
- Although Jock has only been full-time for a short while, his overall progression has elapsed 10-15 years.
Maximizing Sale Value:
- Positive growth trend
- In a defensible market with a unique value proposition
- Time the owner spends managing
- Marketing Systems
- Are there systems in place to generate revenue?
- Operational Systems
- Are there systems in place to keep the business running smoothly?
- Specific platforms don’t matter as long as there is a platform in place
- Most businesses have inefficiencies, there’s less risk with optimized systems
- Big gap in business prices.
- Most businesses are either in the $200,000-$300,000 range or the $2 million-$3 million dollar range.
- The businesses in the higher range have automated systems in place
The Low Hanging Fruit:
- Systemising your marketing is the most important value generating task of your business
- Make a process the one thing in your marketing that you want to focus on
Blog Post: Business Valuation Statistics
Don't Miss Out!
Subscribe to the Fuzed blog and receive regular marketing automation tips, tricks, case studies and important insights.